A financial planner assists people or in some instances, companies to manage their financial resources to their best benefit. Everyone needs to have precise financial goals they wish to attain in terms of personal savings as well as retirement. Everyone has different financial goals - for many it will be to stop working and retire early, or perhaps save a lump sum to actualize a certain life goals . The primary step in financial planning should be to establish your short and long term goals. It is the responsibility of your financial planner to help you design your plan and identify the resources you have to accomplish them.
The following are ways through which you can make the most of a financial planner
- The financial planner assists you in making a realistic assessment of your present financial status: the simple truth is that most of us do not understand where we actually stand, in our financial lives. We do not have a clear picture in terms of what we own, and what we owe (liabilities). The financial planner can help you to bring the entire situation under control, by assisting you to make a realistic assessment of your overall financial situation. At this stage, the planner may also assist you discover the opportunities before you, and also the threats staring at you, with reference to your financial life.
- The financial planner assists you in financial goal formulation: after helping you to make an accurate assessment, they will help you to work out where you desire to go, again with reference to your financial life. They do that through the financial goal formulation process.
- The financial planner assists you in the development of financial plans: this financial goals formulation is is synonymous to the explanation of 'where you intend to go' financially. By simply knowing where you desire to go is usually not enough to help you get there. You also have to know how specifically you will reach your destination. This is through the development of financial plans toward the fulfillment of your goals. This is usually where the major work of the planners comes from.
- The financial planner assists you to build 'accountability' in your financial life: While a lot of people may have clearly stated their financial goals and plans to achieve them, what hinder them from actually achieving their goals is their lack of accountability. In these situation, It is necessary to have a person (specifically a non judgmental professional) whom you can be accountable to, and that's a way in which a financial planner can assist you.
- The planner also assists you in the elimination of stress with regards to your financial life: One of the reason why people experience finance-related tension is usually because they might be feeling that their financial life is 'out of control.' A professional financial planner, by assisting you to discover your current financial state, establish financial goals and put together some plans for their accomplishment, can undoubtedly help you stop feeling as though your financial life is unmanageable. In this manner, they would also have assisted you in the elimination of any tension in your financial life.
Should you be ready to take the next step in choosing your financial planner, like to look at some of my references or see where GPS Wealth Management can assist you in your journey and our process, please contact GPS today!
Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc. GPS Wealth Management and Securities America are separate companies. Securities America and its representatives do not provide tax or legal advice; therefore it is important to coordinate with your tax or legal advisor regarding your specific situation. The opinions and forecasts expressed are those of the author, and may not actually come to pass. This information is subject to change at any time, based on market and other conditions and should not be construed as a recommendation of any specific security or investment plan. Past performance does not guarantee future results.